Guide FAQTips in creating your guide for Guild Wars 2
- Register or Login
- Create a Build to Create a Guide
- Add Title, Category, Role and Tag
- Fill Out The Guide with Information
- Use the Skill Rotation Tool
- Add Additional Sections and Rotations as Needed
- Save the Guide
- Publish the Guide
- Confirm Guide Edits
- The Guide Ladder
- Editing Your Guide/Altering Build
- Further Questions
You need a complete build before you start creating your guide. Make sure everything is right, because you cannot edit your build once the guide creation process has started! From there, Click the Create Guide Button on the bottom and your guide will be loaded into our guide format system automatically where you can start adding relevant information.
The skill rotation tool allows you to accurately portray your skill rotation, including weapon and attunement swaps, so the viewer can correctly follow it when playing the build. You can add different attunements that you can label per situation.
We’ve added the Guide Formatting tools to allow the user to add in more information including sections for gameplay and rotations for situational use.
Saving a guide keeps it hidden from users, allowing you to continue to editing it and make changes.
Publish a Guide
Guide Ladder Image Showing Edit and Publish/Unpublish Icons
Users can Edit and Publish/UnPublish guides.
The text in the Build textbox when you edit a guide is just the part that comes after “build=” at the end of the URL when you make a build at http://intothemists.com/calc.
To update the build for a guide:
- Edit the guide
- Find the text “Build:” near where you enter your guide’s Title, followed by a text box with the build id in it.
- Click the button to the right of the Build text box. This will take you the skill calc for your guide’s build
- Edit the build however you like
- In the URL for your new build, copy the portion at the end that follows ?build=
- In the window/tab where you’re editing the guide, paste that into the Build text box (replacing what was there before)
- Click the Edit Guide button at the bottom of the page
- If you paste the build id incorrectly, the site will try to detect that and give you a popup saying that the build is invalid when you click the Edit Guide button.
As your guide gains popularity, you gain glory. The more glory you have, the more prestige you have among the community! You gain glory from users giving your guide a [+] vote! Be careful, badly written guides will receive [-] votes from the community as well. Create awesome guides and be a guru for Guild Wars 2!
Any questions can be asked here on our forums. Make sure to search before making a new post!